Monday, May 30, 2016

The knowledge: Karate in a nutshell

An evil organisation has wiped Karate out from the face of the earth.


You are the last one standing.
What do you do?

The answer is pretty obvious.
I would film myself performing all of the Kata of Shotokan Karate
and hide the tape in a secret location


But wait a minute.
I don't know all of them!

I must repent.
Although I knew all of them at some point in my life...
... It seems I have forgotten about half of them...

Over here, in London, Taxi drivers have something called the knowledge.


To be a certified black cab taxi driver, you first have to learn the whole London map off by heart (and be able to drive).



Well everyone can drive in Karate.
After all, every physically fit individual has the ability to move.
But it's the knowledge that most Karate students lack.
The knowledge of every single Kata.

To be fair, it should take years to study a single Kata.
Understanding why every motion is executed as it is.
But before I understand the Kata,
I must first be able to do it.

And that is why from this moment onwards,
I will try to learn every single Kata there is in Shotokan Karate.

Look out for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment